It's Mini-Album Friday for the MCCR Design Team!
This is my first from scratch mini-album and finally get to use the cereal boxes that I've been saving for years. I bought a deep-cut blade for my Cricut and have been cutting away! Went better than I thought it would, but will keep 'playing' with the new Artiste cartridge from Close to my Heart. It's an awesome cartridge and love the instruction booklet that comes with it.
So this is my Cricut cutting a cereal box to make the cover for the mini-album.
It did an excellent job cutting the cereal box, it was a really thick one. I did tape it down to the mat in a couple places because I was worried it would pop off.
The other cool thing about this cartridge is that it has scoring lines, so this is the 'chipboard' after I scored it! I love making mini-albums and had a great time making it all by myself. I do have a scoring blade for my Cricut, but didn't want to play with it and ruin my project!!
If you know me you know that I ink everything!! My hands are always inked up and my nails always look dirty. I'm into brown inks and so I tried to use brighter colors of papers for this album. The paper I had out on my table was Pink Paisley and so I decided it would make a pretty mini-album. These are the individual pages after I inked them.
The mini-album was really easy to put together. I wasn't happy with the ribbon I picked, but was having a hard time getting to my ribbon rack and this brown was handy. I'm sure I'll be changing it for a red and blue, but didn't have either one of those that was thin enough to go through the holes.
Of course after I got it all put together and tied, I decided that the pages would rip, so I added eyelets to the pages and retied it. So here are the pages with the flower eyelets. It's been so long since I used eyelets I had to do a couple to practice with my Cropodile (another one of my favorite tools). So now I tied it up again, but it was easier with the eyelets.
I did make some flowers to decorate the front cover, but decided to make one of the cute bows o the cartridge. I can use the flowers later and the bows are cute and super easy. Here is the bow on the front cover of the mini-album. The album actually ties on the bottom, but I tie the worst bows, so I'm not going to show you the bottom. It looks like a purse to me, so it'll probably have a handle on it and little feet. hehehe
Since I decided it looked like a purse I put Velcro under the flap to keep it closed and it works really well. Could take a picture of both sides, so this is the Velcro dot one the fold over flap.
Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you enjoyed checking out my mini-album! From my last post I didn't finish my canvas, but I finally found some lace that I liked and that would work. I did end up buying as couple different ones, but this is the one that I liked the best, so here are a couple pictures of my finished canvas.
This is the top of the canvas. The lace that I chose had ribbon running through it, so I gathered it an made a bow from the ribbon that I ended up cutting off. It's not really what I would call lace, but that's what it said it was. lol
This is the finished canvas. It's done, but still not exactly what I wanted, but I am happy with it and will leave it alone!! lol Yes, I am one of those people that redo things and are never happy with how things turn out. I am my own worst critic.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I will talk to you again soon. I can't believe how long it's been since I posted last.